Last year history was made in the United States with the Supreme Court ruling that in all 50 states anyone can marry whomever they love. In a world where it’s still illegal to be homosexual in 76 countries, this is absolutely beautiful news.
Some who oppose the decision are simply, afraid – in my opinion. They are afraid because they don’t know anyone who is gay, because they live in close circles and they live close-minded. I myself know and love many of my LGBT friends. I don’t love them because they are gay or despite it, rather I love them because they are beautiful people that I would love regardless of their sexual orientation. I love them in the way I love all of my friends and family and this post is for all the people who are afraid of this decision.
Love is beautiful:
1. When Ruby Rose and her fiancée looked at each other like this and it made everyone believe that true love is out there:
2. When this couple shared the story with the world in 2011, a time when it was still illegal for the couple to marry and then were finally able to marry just one year later:
3. …And this gay couple who never believed that they would be able to get married, until they did:
4. When Alice and Vivian sat next to one another and said, ‘I Do’ to one another after being together for 72 years:
5. When Orange is the New Black came into our lives and proved that gay love storylines do matter and should be represented in the media:
6. When Ellen Page made this inspiring speech and told the world her truth, not about being gay, but about being human:
7. …and of course today, when millions are celebrating love after SCOTUS’ historical ruling, including me: