If you’re a vegan coconut lover, then this recipe is for you!
This Thai Coconut Soup with Lemongrass will not only be a treat to your taste buds, but the wonderful aroma will have everyone wanting to have a taste!
One of Vegan Fusion’s 30-minute recipes, this Thai Coconut Soup with Lemongrass is as simple to make as it is delicious! Try it today and let us know what you think.
Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cups of vegetable stock or water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 3 (6-inch) lemongrass stalks
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger OR 1 (1-inch) piece of galangal root, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 2 teaspoons seeded and diced hot chile pepper
- 5 large Kaffir lime leaves OR 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 large Shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free tamari or other soy sauce
- ¾ cup of snow peas sliced in half lengthwise
- Place the vegetable stock and coconut milk in a 3 quart pot over medium heat. Crush the lemongrass and place in the pot along with the ginger, garlic, chile pepper, Kaffir lime leaves, shiitake mushrooms, and carrot, and stir well.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you have more time, and for best results, allow to cook for an additional 10 minutes, to allow more of the lemongrass and Kaffir lime leaves to permeate the dish.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Remove the lemongrass, Kaffir lime leaves and galangal, if using, before serving.
Find this recipe and more on The 30 Minute Vegan.
Image Source: The 30 Minute Vegan